FIRE ALARM SERVICES
Don’t Forget Fire Alarm Services and Testing!
Fire alarm installation is the first step in protecting life and property in a fire, but don’t underestimate the importance of ongoing fire alarm inspections and testing. The National Fire Alarm Code requires simple weekly and quarterly visual checks, more thorough semi-annual tests, and professional yearly inspections performed by a licensed fire protection company. If you skip these essential maintenance steps, here’s what could happen:
- Most fire alarms provide information about where the fire is located to emergency responders. An undetected malfunction in this information delivery process could delay firefighting efforts.
- False alarms could disrupt your daily operations and needlessly dispatch fire trucks to your location, possibly resulting in fees for repeat offenses.
- The alarm could fail to go off properly in a fire, putting people’s lives at risk.
- You could be fined for failing to comply with fire safety codes.
- Your insurance carrier may reject your claim without proof of annual fire alarm inspections.
- Your liability for potential injuries or loss of life skyrockets if you neglect your fire alarm system.